Followers

Sunday 24 March 2013

Progress on Hardanger Heart

I've finally finished stitching the Hardanger Heart. I had found the design in an old 'Classic Stitches' magazine. It's a Thea Dueck design from "The Victoria Sampler".

There are 3 different filling stitches that I had not done before. "Blanket Stitch Flower" - I must admit I gave up on this stitch and did my own design instead. "Lacy Needlewoven Medallion", which I enjoyed doing. Then lastly "Edelweiss". The first time I did this, it did not look quite right. I noticed that the back was the right way, so I restitched the heart all over again. The "Edelweiss" was much better.

Here's a close up for you to see.

"Edelweiss" filling stitch

"Lacy Needlewoven Medallion" filling stitch

A combination of "woven quadrant" filling and  a "spider's web" filling in the centre.

Here's what it looked like before I did the filling stitches.

Heart complete.
 I can't believe how long it has taken me to do.  I have been so busy and now the snow has arrived and it's getting colder.  I hope the snow clears up very soon.

Until Next time, Happy Stitching Everyone.



13 comments:

Claire said...

Lovely work.I love the cat at the top of your blog.x

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

That is beautiful.

cucki said...

Wow so pretty xxx

Wendy said...

this is just beautiful! I love Hardanger and this is a lovely pattern.

p.s., did you know you've got word verification on?

Vickie said...

Wow! That is truly beautiful.

Annie said...

So gorgeous and so complex! You are very talented!

Blu said...

Very beautiful! Those filling stitches look so complex!

Valma said...

wow ! such tiny details
very well done , you're gifted sweetie =)
this is really very very beautiful
I hope snow will disappear soon and give place to Spring, fed up too with this cold and too long winter =(
xxxxx

Shebafudge said...

The hearts look absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on such a beautiful design. xx

Mouse said...

ohhh thats lovely ... and its started to snow again at the mouse house :( love mouse xxxxx

Annette-California said...

Spectacular! WOW Your hardanger heart is beautiful. I love the close up photos and what it looked like before you stitched in the centers. Stunning! love Annette

Astrids dragon said...

They are lovely!. I really like the Edelweiss, just stunning!

Deb said...

My gosh! Your stitches are beautiful!